Monday, August 27, 2007

BLT Fish Shack
21 West 17th Street (between 5th & 6th)

The main restaurant was shut...seafood on a Sunday...the BLT chain...all requisites for a disappointing meal. But I was talked into it and made the long trek on foot down. Nearly got lynched at the Pakistani Day Parade chaos...ugh...

The seating is ridiculous -- it's like they can't make any more money for squeezing us in like, well, sardines? The tables were so tight there was literally no room. It was just ridiculous. It was like a pretentious, overpriced diner that had some seafood. And plus, it being Sunday evening, no way I was going to touch the raw bar...

Me and my friend both passed on starters and I had the seared flounder. It was okay, nothing special. Totally overpriced. I can do better easily. A quick dessert of carrot cake and the bill came out to be as high as most of the top places in town. Ridiculous.

The place is a glorified diner and they charge this, just because of the bloody BLT brand? I'm going to boycott these people from now on. Ridiculous. Shambolic.

Food: B-
Atmosphere: D--
For Lone Diners: C (*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home