Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Vice Versa
325 West 51st Street (between 8th & 9th)

I do have to apologise for the lack of posting recently. but it has been a very difficult few weeks. Nevertheless I have a few entries to catch up with, starting with this one. I was invited for lunch last week at Vice Versa. As I had a few errands to run, the location -- Midtown West -- worked out well.

The restaurant was empty when we arrived but the lunch crowd soon made it a bit more lively. The larger-than-I-thought restaurant was a good place for lunch, and I did enjoy the meal. With a glass of wine and good conversation, it was a nice way to relax during a very difficult day and week.

The starter was a tart of calamari and artichoke. It was a strange fried dish, but it worked pretty well. It was filling but not stuffy, and the radicchio balanced things out. The main course was the restaurant's best-known dish, the veal ravioli. The portion was rather big and filling, which was a surprise. The ravioli was rather rich, but not excessive. Excellent.

I was beyond full by this point -- especially for lunch -- so I just enjoyed a coffee and we headed out soon. I'm beginning to like these Midtown West places for lunch...they have been pretty good the last few times.

Food: B
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: B (*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home