Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Royal China
13 Queensway (W2; between Queensway and Bayswater Tube)

Fine, this restaurant is not in New York...but I'm back home in London for a week, so I decided to blog for a bit here. After a stressful flight from New York, I managed to get a table at what I consider the best Chinese restaurant in the world that Saturday evening. And it was a nice treat after all that...

With a nice glass of wine, I enjoyed a starter of spicy cold tripe -- extra spicy and delicious. Not everyone's soup, but it was done excellent as usual. And for the main course I had my usual, the oyster and tofu hotpot. Excellent (perhaps too hot at one point!), tasty and flavourful. Every dish I have had here, ranging from the steamed minced pork to the jellyfish, from the roast pork to the braised eel, is good.

I'm not into Asian/Oriental decor much, and it seems like a typical, large Chinese restaurant, so I won't comment on the atmosphere. But thank goodness I was in a non-smoking area -- which will not be needed anymore in a few more months, thank goodness. But the speed of service is great for lone diners and groups -- affirming my view this is the best Chinese restaurant in the world...at least outside the Orient...

I left this restaurant knackered, but more than happy. Goodness, good to be back in London...

Food: A
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home