Thursday, February 01, 2007

Wódka
12 St Albans Grove (W8, near High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road Tubes)

Having spent most of my professional life dealing with Central and East Europe, I always have a soft spot for foods from that region. Often it has had a bad reputation, perhaps by travellers who experienced poor experiences in the "bad old days" -- but in reality they are all treats. I love Polish food, and I still remember when I first discovered this wonderful restaurant in Kensington.

I had been running late, so I dropped into Wódka for a quick lunch. Though the opportunities are frequent now in London, I enjoyed switching back to speaking Polish. I enjoyed an excellent zupa grzybowa -- mushroom soup for a starter. The main course was the excellent gołąbki (stuffed cabbage). Excellent and quick.

I love Polish food, and this is one of the best place outside of Poland to really do this kind of food. So if you are either curious or have the same love as me, you'll enjoy this place. And if you love vodka -- especially flavoured ones (the choices are amazing here, from horseradish to honey flavoured). It's a quiet and nice place, dim and nice for groups, romatic nights or solo. I highly recommend this place.

Food: A-
Atmosphere: B+
For Lone Diners: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home