Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Texas Smokehouse
637 2nd Avenue (between 34th & 35th)

As I explained in the previous entry, it has been a long and difficult few weeks. I've dined out less than usual, and opted on takeaways a bit more (I usually avoid delivery since everything in a delivery range is walkable). So this time I went down to a place I go to once every few months, the rather good Texas Smokehouse a few blocks away.

The place is great for a casual feast, as the food is voluminous and good. Solid BBQ, especially if you -- like me -- love ribs. One of their specialties is the giant beef ribs, which was what I opted for. I hate eating ribs (and lobsters) in public, so I took it home instead. Too bad, I like the place...

The beef ribs were huge and very meaty, and cooked so nicely that the meat just falls off the giant bones. This really is a guilty pleasure... After the feast (which was actually 2-meals-in-1 due to the size of the rack), I was so full it was pleasurable... Not easy to eat this much in Manhattan for this price!

If you live in the area, it's a great takeaway. If you don't, it's still a good place for a feast. And the service is very fast. With Stella Artois on tap and plenty of liquor, this is a fun place! Just prepare your stomach!

Food: B
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: B+ (*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home