Sunday, November 11, 2007

Five Points
31 Great Jones [3rd] Street (between Lafayette & Bowery)

I was curious when my friend told me Five Points, a place he knows as a great weekend brunch place, didn't have a table until quite late. I looked at the menu and it was not very inspiring. But I went with it as I wanted a nice walk down there.

We had to wait quite a long time as we were early, but were finally seated. The service was confused and the waiter was completely lost when I asked him questions...not a good sign. There just seems to be utter staff confusion and sheer lack of staff...which made a busy brunch period rather annoying.

The menu was pretty lame and I ended up going for the burger...a total cop-out. But nothing really jumped out. The burger came and it was not very good, quite bland. Sad to say, McDonalds is better... My friend looked like he enjoyed his eggs and smoked salmon, but it looked like a mess to me.

It took ages to get coffee and they kept trying to take things away...it was just annoying. I was not a happy camper as I left this place. Why is it popular? It sucked, badly. Just to show you how gullible diners can be...

Food: C
Atmosphere: C-
For Lone Diners: C- (*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home