Sunday, November 11, 2007

Villa Berulia
107 East 34th Street (between Lexington & Park)

Again, when I need a good meal, I have a few choices within a 10-minute walking radius. One sure bet is always Villa Berulia, the excellent Italian-Croatian place in Murray Hill. I always have good meals here, and feel totally comfortable chatting with the staff. It is probably a place I can call one of my "regulars" -- so this will be the last time I review it. After all, it'll always be a good review...

I had a terrible day and I needed this. After listening to the long list of specials, I went with my usual, the double veal chop. A nice bottle of Croatian red with it, a side of broccoli, I was in heaven. I dragged out a meal with nice chats with various waiters who know me, and it really felt like a home away from home.

I couldn't finish so had to take the extra large chop. This means no dessert, so a nice home-made after-dinner drink from the "specialty" part of the bar made this a wonderful dining experience...one that I truly needed.

If you need a good, solid meal in a friendly and happy atmosphere, Villa Berulia is your best choice. Even if you don't live nearby, this is perfect.

Food: A-
Atmosphere: A-
For Lone Diners: A-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home