Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hatsuhana - Park
237 Park Avenue (in the elevated pedestrian path between 45th & 46th)

I had a really, really bad day and just needed a quick and solid meal. I had walked near this place a few times but never went in. I heard good things about this sushi bar (hard to find if you don't know how to find this "237 Park" on this elevated alley), so I went into it.

It's a cosy little place that caters to both lone diners needing a quickie or a party that wants to lavish. I sat at the sushi bar and had a good sake with my meal. I had some sushi that was generally okay -- nothing special, but decent. The toro was nothing to write home about, though the tako was better than usual. The hamachi was also a bit bland, but the uni was okay.

But what made my meal was the anago tempura (eel tempura), which was fantastic. With a bit of lemon and sea salt, it was just wonderful. This was what I wanted to have for months, and I found it just next to Grand Central...how convenient.

This is a good place I think, with quick and attentive staff. Maybe the main location of this restaurant, on 48th, is better, so I should check it out. The only annoying thing is that when the commuter trains leave Grand Central, the entire place rumbles... Still, a good place.

Food: B+
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: A--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home