Saturday, September 30, 2006

Phoenix Garden
242 East 40th Street (between 2nd and 3rd)

Ugh...bad mistake. I was horribly tired on a Friday evening and everyone seemed to be busy, so I decided to get a take-out. I figured to order more and to just keep it for later. Nah, didn't work out that way at all. I usually am not a big fan of Chinese food, and this place just wrecks that even further. Awful!

First of all, it took ages to get them to take my order (3 calls and 3 minutes of waiting). The food was bland at best. The spring rolls were boring and the chives dumpling was old -- like it was steamed hours ago. The jellyfish was more like pickles and carrots with a few strings of jellyfish. A total rip-off. The sweet and sour soup was fine, but not worth that cost.

The "golden fried" tofu was a complete joke, as the batter was melting off the tasteless tofu. The oyster and roast pork and tofu casserole was another joke -- the oysters covered by the same disgusting uncooked batter as the tofu, and there was almost no pork nor tofu to be found. Ugh...
This was a horribly expensive experiment, I ended up dumping half the food as they were totally disgusting. I wouldn't even feed this to stray cats downstairs... They're my local Chinese place, so I need to find something else to get emergency deliveries when I can't get to the market. Ugh...this was bad! Avoid!

Food: D--
Atmostphere: n/a
For Lone Diners: n/a

* This restaurant was re-reviewed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home