Sunday, November 12, 2006

Porcão -- redux
360 Park Avenue South (at 26th Street)

My last review for Porcão was already flowing, so how can I add more positivity to an already great review? Well, I'm gonna do it anyway, because it is just a fantastic place! I know I turned some of my friends onto the West Side's Plataforma -- another excellent churrascaria -- but Porcão is just the top of the line in New York (plus, it is cheaper!).

I wanted to eat like a madman (plus I'm on the wagon at the moment, so no wine...), so decided on Porcão at the last moment. As it was early in the dining hours, it was not difficult to get a table at the rapidly-filling-up restaurant. I was unfortunately placed right next to the alcohol cart with my beloved Oban and Talisker staring at me, but I resisted...

I went carnivore full-force (though enjoyed the onion rings and fried bananas very much in complement to the meat feast), and ate with reckless abandon for over a half hour. All the cuts were excellent, ranging from the flaming hot sausage to the excellent filet mignon wrapped in bacon. The lamb perhaps was a bit dry, but the pork was excellent. The beef ribs were just spectacular and decadent. But the best cut was the skirt steak...it was sheer heaven. I could eat that all day. It was fatty and salty, but I loved it!

If you fancy a real feast, a total orgiastic meal, this is the place to go. The drinks are fantastic (though not for me this time), the food amazing, and it's simple and fast. It's great for one person, it's great for a group. It is just a fun place!

Food: A
Atmosphere: B+
For Lone Diners: A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home