Monday, May 28, 2007

Jino's Pars Restaurant
5844 W. Manchester Blvd (between Airport and Belford; in Westchester)

I had just jumped off a long, 6-hour flight from JFK into LAX, and already had enough of California. I personally can’t stand this place, but was stuck to come here for a few days – conveniently on Memorial Day weekend. That airport mess…ugh…

So I needed to reward myself, so I dropped into Pars, a wonderful Persian restaurant I had found on a previous trip. It’s conveniently a few blocks from LAX, so I dropped in for a solid lunch.

With a beer to calm me down, I enjoyed the lamb soltani – excellent. I have always had great grilled meats here, but their specialty is really the koobideh (which is half of the soltani combo alongside the kabob). It is juicy and tender and I literally devoured the two skewers alongside the basmati rice (topped with saffron rice) and the grilled tomato.

Excellent food. I wish I had more opportunity to really explore this place, especially their lamb shank, polo dishes and so forth. But when I'm here twice a year, I can't pass up on this amazing lamb!

Ahh…perhaps Los Angeles has some redeeming qualities – the best Persian food to be found in the country. Pars is a half-Italian and half-Persian place-in-one, but do come here for the awesome Persian cuisine. It is a typical, relaxed place near LAX, so all you need is your appetite. Fast and friendly service, what else can you ask for?

Food: A-
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: A-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home