Monday, May 28, 2007

Sansui Tei
2529 Pacific Coast Highway (between Crenshaw & Airport; in Torrance)

Ever since my first trip here by accident, I had made a pilgrimage to this amazing place each trip to Southern California. This small, Torrance-based yakiniku joint is about the best you can get. Affordable, with excellent meats and the most awesome waitresses in the area, it sure beats sitting at a stiff sushi bar with sub-par fish and the wrong ethnics behind the sushi bar…

Sansui Tei is very popular with the local Japanese population, so a lot of the clientele were Japanese families. It was a busy Sunday evening, and I felt guilty for taking up a table for 4 alone. Nevertheless I had a great time. And the waitresses, amazing as they are, managed to get my wine and meats and veggies delivered in lightning speed. For once I wished they worked slower! Sorry, I’m single again, and my eyes wander…

I enjoyed the special mix, which contained tongue, rib and sirloin. You grill it yourself, so it’s simple. I also ordered a mixed vegetable plate, so that grilled with the meat worked out well. It was a fantastic meal, and I even had a second helping of tongue to finish the evening off.

I left the restaurant again mesmerised…the waitresses, the aroma of the grill, the taste of the meat, etc. It was a fantastic time at a fantastic place. It’s a must for everyone who loves barbeque.

Food: A-
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home