Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Eight Mile Creek
240 Mulberry Street (between Spring & Prince)

Sometimes I don't understand our brethren from Down Under...there are things about them that annoy me to death, but there are things I absolutely love from that crazy land. So on a pretty ugly evening before the storm, I chose to run downtown to Eight Mile Creek, the best (according to most people) Aussie restaurant in New York.

The place was packed with large groups, so service was a little shaky in the rather cramped and dark dining area. I didn't mind, as I was dining alone. They told me to order quickly to not get stuck with the group, so I did so.

Enjoying some good Australian red, I ripped into the emu carpaccio. Perhaps too much green on top, but the meat tasted quite good. After another glass of wine I enjoyed the rare kangaroo fillet. That was quite good as well, but perhaps a little bland without the mushroom sauce. Still, not bad at all.

A few more glasses of wine later, I headed out before the large group ticked me off with their brain-dead conversation. Pushed into the storm, which was just starting, I felt pretty happy with the experience.

Food: B+
Atmosphere: C+
For Lone Diners: B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home