Saturday, June 02, 2007

Kishmish
448-450 Fulham Road (near Fulham Broadway tube)

I was planning to meet a friend for a long-awaited Indian meal, and we had tried to go to our usual favourite haunt, Sarkhel's. But what is going on? The website is down, and they're not answering phones...so we got worried. But still hungry, I suggested the other top Indian place in the area, Kishmish. I think I have a convert here. BTW here is my previous review of this place.

We got there after a few pints in that annoying part of town called Chelsea where arrogance and fakeness is totally the trend...and how the New York version of Chelsea follows that ugly trend too... But we were given a nice table in the dark and atmospheric restaurant and had a brilliant time over 2 bottles of fine red.

For a starter we had shared the "Kishmish tiffin" -- a great mixture of starters. There was some excellent samosa, pakora and so forth. Excellent! For a main course I had the monkfish tikka, which was brilliant! My friend had the mixed grill, which was borderline excessive! Amazing selection of grilled meats, and I had to help him out with the large selection. With some rich sag paneer and rice, this turned into a fantastic dining evening.

Oh, what a great place. I miss not having Indian food while back in New York, but this is worth the wait! You must check this place out, it's definitely fantastic!

Food: B+
Atmosphere: B+
For Lone Diners: B (*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home