Thursday, November 29, 2007

Benjamin Steakhouse
52 East 41st Street (between Madison & Park; at the Dylan Hotel)

After a really bad day, I needed a good, solid meal. And once in awhile, I get this itching for a big piece of meat, so... Having found Benjamin Steakhouse a few months ago, it has become a "safe" bet for me, a local regular that I can depend on. Sadly, those are few and far in between here in New York...

This, again, will be my last review of this place -- just like my "other" regular Villa Berulia -- because they are places I frequent it would take up most of these pages. So for this last time, I have to applaud this place. Service is always a bit shaky and slow, but it's compensated by the food.

I once again ordered the huge lamb chops, which is a major treat. A side of broccoli and a nice bottle of Sicilian red, the night was perfect (albeit alone). The meat is cooked expertly and the cut is excellent. It is a place to really go fully into a meatfest, if you are inclined to have one.

Although it is a hotel restaurant, it is a popular place for all clientele. This time it was packed but the food was still excellent -- something that fails many busy steakhouses. Sad this is my last review of this wonderful steakhouse -- the best in New York -- but happy that I have this as a safety!

Food: A--
Atmosphere: B
For Lone Diners: B+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home