Saturday, June 02, 2007

Magdalen
152 Tooley Street (SE1 near London Bridge tube)

I wanted to experience this well-regarded restaurant, but fate fought against me. I had to settle for a limited lunch experience (I usually like to experience the full dinner, but...), and I had just had a nasty sneezing fit...ugh...

I nevertheless had a good meal at this exciting little place south of the Thames near London Bridge (sadly, also near the horde of tourists at the Dungeon...). The starter was a nice salad of smoked trout over mustard greens...excellent mixture of flavour, and the mustard helped with my sinuses! I like the strong flavours, and it mixed very well.

The main course was a nice slow-cooked lamb, which was good and tender. I was disappointed not to be able to try some of the fantastic items on the sample menu online, but I was still happy with this meal.

This two-storey restaurant has a contemporary feel, with open spaces and minimalist decor -- which is nice. Fast and efficient service, so that's another plus in my book.

It's a short walk from The City so if I'm ever stuck at a meeting in that area, this would be a pleasant place to experience again.

Food: B
Atmosphere: B-
For Lone Diners: B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home