Friday, January 04, 2008

Too Good...
...for More Reviews!

At this point of my reviewing career, I have seen some awesome places and some scary places, some tasty places and some disgusting places. The New York culinary scene is just fantastic, and there are some places I cannot review anymore for various reasons -- such as it has become a "regular" it would be improper for me to keep reviewing. And here I will list restaurants I 101% recommend, ones I will quit reviewing (unless something truly extraordinary or horrible happens). And they are in alphabetical order...

Benjamin Steakhouse: My long quest to find a good steakhouse in Manhattan ended here. This place has the best cuts of meat, and its lamb chop is just heavenly. Solid environment and location, by far the best steakhouse in the city! (previous review 1) (previous review 2)

Esca: This Mario Batali wonder of Italian seafood is the best seafood place in New York. The freshness of the crudo is just wonderful, and it whips most sushi places. The spaghetti with urchin and crab is one of the best dishes, and the wine selection is just fantastic. Best fish, ever! (previous review 1) (previous review 2) (previous review 3)

Insieme: This amazing wonder of master chef Marco Canora is just perfect. Best wines and drinks in town, excellent staff, most attentive chef. Just the safest Italian place in town, never a bad meal or experience. Marco is the chef of the year 2007 in my book! (previous review 1) (previous review 2) (previous review 3)

Villa Berulia: This awesome place is close to where I live and is my "hiding place" really. Always assured of a fantastic Italian/Croatian meal and wines, the best veal chop in town. The menu is fantastically long and the specials even longer. Engaging and friendly staff. It's like a home away from home! (previous review 1) (previous review 2) (previous review 3)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home